Powered By Blogger
"The secret of good teaching is to regard the child's intelligence as a fertile field in which seeds may be sown, to grow under the heat of flaming imagination."

--Dr. Maria Montessori



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

Continuing with the thought from last week, ask yourself, "Am I an encourager or discourager?"
Do you say:

This                                                               
• “Why did you do that – you know better than that!”
• “Trees aren’t supposed to be purple – now go back and color it the right way.”
• “You are not going to get a star because you are not a good listener.”
• “I wish you would stop yelling – I am standing right next to you.”
• “You need to stop being a tattle tale.”

or

That
• “Let’s try that again only this time I am going to do it with you so we can both do it better.”
• “A purple tree would look lovely in my yard. I have never seen such a beautiful purple tree before.”
• “I just love it when you take the time to listen. It helps me be a better teacher.”
• “Oh my, my! Where did you put your quiet voice?”
• “Thank you for sharing your concern with me, I will be sure to think about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment